I am a happy, healthy person who draws on my talents,
life experiences and passions to motivate myself and
others to be mentally, emotionally and physically fit.
Goal #1: Actively social network focusing on living a healthy active life after bariatric surgery.
- Actively participate in social networking (Facebook, Twitter, forums) within the bariatric community.
- Regularly blog on living a healthy active life as a post-op bariatric patient.
Goal #2: Use mindfulness to live a stress-free active life and encourage others to do the same.
- Practice mindfulness by living in the moment and being more connected to my life experiences.
- Enhance the quality of my relationships through self-awareness and being non-judgmental.
- Be more open, receptive and mindful of my thoughts and feelings in supporting others.
Goal #3: Embrace a healthy eating mentality that focuses on bariatric dietary principles.
- Choose foods that are high in protein and fiber and low in fat and sugar.
- Eat lean protein meats, fish and vegetarian foods. Avoid processed foods.
- Reach a BMI of less than 25.0; a BMI less than 28.0 at a maximum.
Goal #4: Advance my physical fitness with increased levels of activity and intensity.
- Run four 5K races, one 10K race, and the Akron Half Marathon.
- Cycle 2,000 miles in 2014 with a stretch goal of 2,500 miles.
- Repeat my 2011 weeklong bicycle tour from Washington, D.C. to Pittsburgh, PA.
- Complete the 2014 Bike MS Pedal to the Point and a century cycling event.
- Regularly hike and snowshoe; increasing the intensity and distance.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)