I am living a healthy and happy life drawing on my life experiences to be a fit and active person. I look for fun activities to embrace life to its fullest.
My Main Motivators
- Live the life that is uniquely my own and not defined by others.
- Live an active retirement doing the things I love.
- Volunteer with organizations that support my passions.
- Live a life that makes a difference for those around me and in my community.
My main obstacles
- Controlling my ESTJ (supervisor, aka executive) personality type that wants to over manage and control without much flexibility.
- I am still not clear on what retirement means to me; especially the focus of family, work, volunteerism and personal time.
- Time: respecting/restricting commitments and overextending myself which is my nature.
- General fear of the unknown; going from a more structured, known life that I live today.
My Strategies to Overcome my Obstacles
- Under commit and under schedule allowing for fun time.
- Seek some guidance from others on retirement; possibly from a life or fitness coach.
- Spend a good bit of time this coming year reflecting on what is really important in my life.
- Feel freer to do new things but always set and respect boundaries to avoid doing too much.
- Always ask myself, “Is this really fun?” acknowledging that fun is the word I want to frame my life around.
- Live a fun fit and active life. [Details…]
- Live a happy and healthy life. [Details…]
- Prepare to live a happy healthy fit and active retirement. [Details…]
My Goals in Detail
Goal #1: Live a fun fit and active life.
- Make it a priority to ride my bike, run and hike for fun.
- Cycle, run, hike and snowshoe 2,016 miles in 2016.
- Engage in at least 3 days of fun physical activity every week.
- Transition the leadership of the Spinoffs; sharing my experience, knowledge and vision.
- Remain engaged in the Spinoffs while decreasing the dependency on my involvement.
- Cycle in at least two bicycle multi-day touring events of 200+ miles.
- Return to running regularly at least 2 days/ week for 3+ miles.
- Complete at least two half marathons and 5 additional races.
Goal #2: Live a happy and healthy life.
- Decrease stress by using my time better and eliminating over committing to others.
- Find fun new things to do that support my fit, healthy, active life.
- Engage myself more actively in family activities with my husband.
- Get my diet back on track by eating healthier and focusing on clean eating.
- Share my journey of preparing for a happy healthy retirement on my personal blog.
- Find a purpose to support WLS post-ops that focuses on my love of an active outdoor life.
Goal #3: Prepare to live a happy healthy fit and active retirement.
- Determine how my life experiences, love of volunteerism, and my talents can lead me to a purposeful rewarding retirement.
- Explore engaging a fitness and/or life coach to help me achieve my life goals in retirement.
- Locate a challenging 2017 cycling adventure to celebrate my retirement and defines my retirement years.
- Finish my professional career on a positive note by sharing my career knowledge through mentoring, educating and blogging.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)