I am a happy, healthy person who draws on my talents,
life experiences and passions to motivate myself and
others to be mentally, emotionally and physically fit.
- Regularly blog about leading an active healthy life with an emphasis on positive thinking and the pursuit of happiness.
- Actively participate in cycling, hiking, running and weight loss surgery social networks.
Goal #2: Encourage others to live an active life.
- Continue my leadership and participation in the Spin-Offs, Akron Area Hiking and Movin’ Forward Meetup groups.
- Actively encourage and support peers to lead a healthier active life.
Goal #3: Embrace a healthy eating mentality.
- Choose foods that adhere to bariatric dietary principles; high in protein and fiber and low in fat and sugar.
- Eat lean protein meats, fish and vegetarian foods. Avoid processed foods.
Goal #4: Advance my physical fitness with increased levels of activity and intensity.
- Continue running 5K and 10K races, and at least two half marathons.
- Cycle, hike, run and snowshoe 2,015 miles in 2015.
- Complete at least one weeklong bicycle tour of 300+ miles.
- Cycle the 2015 Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway.
- Regularly run, hike and snowshoe; increasing the intensity and distance.