Welcome to 2010! 2009 has come and gone. It actually was a pretty good year. I looked back in this blog to see what resolutions I made for 2009. Actually did pretty good in meeting them. Here they are.
- Learn how to swim before our cruise in November. – I took adult swim classes at the Kent Rec Center and learned to swim; although pretty poorly. I actually swam in the ocean in Cozumel just to see if I could.
- Reach my goal weight of 180 with a stretch goal of 175. – I came close at 185 but just couldn’t shed that extra 5 pounds. I have hovered at 186-190 for the past 6 months; 70 pounds lighter.
- Get an armband tattoo when I reach my goal weight. – Check that one off. Brett and I got matching tribal arm band tattoos while in P’town for our wedding.
2009 was a very good year for me. Brett and I got married and celebrated 20 years together in September. We had an outrageously fabulous wedding reception back in Ohio in November. I lost weight. I really developed a love or cycling. We cycled almost every summer weekend and I generally cycled a few weeknights each week. I rode almost all the coasters at Cedar Point. It was a much more active me than I have seen in years.
2010 resolutions. I liked the post that my friend Mike made on his blog. He listed the 37 things that he wants to do before he turns 38. I like that idea of listing things you wan to do in the coming year. So, here is my list.
- Cycle in a 50 or 100 mile bicycle ride.
- Stand under the Roanoke Star.
- Eat Indian food.
- Return to worship on a regular basis.
- See a play in Toronto.
- Eat a slice of NYC coal fired oven pizza.
- Buy a Speedo.
- See 180 on my scale; even briefly would be nice.
- Do a sleep study to see if I can get rid of my CPAP.
- Attend a fitness class regularly.
- Try a new cuisine.
- Bike the Little Miami rail trail.
- Bike a rail trail in 3 states other than Ohio.
- Spookybear 2010 in P’town.
- Redecorate our dining room.
- Read a NY Times best seller.
- Paint or stain the deck a different color.
- Get a piercing.
- Build a snowman.
- Organize a bicycle club for bariatric patients.
- Ride the coasters at Cedar Point for a 2nd year in a row.
- Post to by recipe blogs at least monthly.
- Ride the Maid of the Mist.
- Plant a garden; even a small one.
- Discard the boxes and boxes of unused Christmas decorations.
- Wear cowboy boots.
- Put $50 in a $1 slot machine.
- Re-landscape our back deck.
- Prepare paella.
- Ride the Goodtime in Cleveland.
30 is enough… 55 items before I turn 56 would be undoable. Now I need to figure a way to track these of a semi-regular basis. Happy New Year to All!
I love this list!