A member of my Weight Watchers at Work group shared this healthy low-fat roasted chicken recipe at this week’s meeting. It seemed so bizarre and simple that I had to give it a try. The results were outstanding.
The chicken was super moist and perfectly done. Give it a try and let me know how it turned out for you. It will not have crisp browned skin. It does not matter to me since I remove the skin from the chicken. This chicken is delicious as a main dish. It is also perfect for dishes that use rotisserie, baked or boiled chicken. What could be easier!
- Purchase a 3-5 pound roasting chicken. It can be any size. It just has to fit into your crock-pot.
- Tear off a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum fol. It needs to be big enough to wrap around your chicken generously.
- Place the chicken on the foil and liberally coat with seasonings of your choice. Today I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. I suspect a grill seasoning, lemon pepper or Greek seasoning would be perfect choices.
- Tightly wrap the chicken in the foil. Use your hands to press it close to the chicken.
- Place the foil wrapped chicken in the crock-pot. I know this sounds strange, but I was told wrapping the chicken tightly in foil makes all of the difference in the recipe.
- Put the cover on the crock-pot and set the temperature to low.
- Cook the chicken for 6 hours. If your chicken is larger, add more time. If it’s smaller, check it for earlier.
- Open the foil and That’s all there is to it. You have a perfectly cooked moist chicken.